|Event Start Date:|
March 22, 2019
|Event End Date:|
March 24, 2019
Ananda Gaorii Ashram, Vig
REGISTER NOW HERE! —> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct3aUkmqYdvvHH4VBX1wFG3eICtXPpLzygjhcP_pmVQ6fnDQ/viewform
Rejuvenate and Revitalize Physically, Mentally and Spiritually
Weekend Yoga Detox Retreat
With a relaxed program including daily practice of yoga and meditation and drinking fresh fruit and vegetable juice, we can make a new start on our journey towards health and wellbeing.
At this retreat, we use fresh juice and Triphala (Ayurvedic Herbal Combination formula, Detox Tonic for a Complete Body Cleanse) a proven detox technique. By putting your body and mind in a soothing environment away from the stress of everyday life, drinking nourishing and cleansing juices and practicing powerful stress reduction techniques you allow yourself to detox, relax and heal the body and mind.
Raw fruits and vegetables are nutritional powerhouses which detox your body and help make you healthy and strong inside and out. One glass of fresh fruit and vegetable juice gives more nutrients than many people get in two or three days!!
A few ways that raw juice works its magic…
• The vitamins and minerals in the juice help to fuel the body during cleansing and the naturally alkaline pH level of most fruit and veg helps to rebalance the pH of the body. Common foods like red meat, sugar and processed food increase acidity in the body and excess acidity leads to a wide range of health problems which can be counteracted easily with a juice detox.
• Raw fruit and vegetable juices contain an abundance of living enzymes which help promote a healthy internal system. These enzymes help the body break down food and have many health promoting properties. Health on the inside creates health on the outside!!
• Raw juice contains an abundance of elements essential for healthy bodily function:
o phytonutrients and much more
• Raw fruit and vegetable juice has anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that inflammation plays a huge part in many of our western diseases and ailments.
When undertaking a detox juice fast it is essential that the majority of juice consumed be in its raw state. When heated to high temperature, enzymes are de-activated and vitamin content reduced. Giving the body the maximum amount of enzymes, vitamins and minerals possible, allows it to detox fully and heal effectively.
What is Triphala?
Literally meaning “three fruits”, the powdered form of Triphala is a balanced mix of three fruits with powerful healing properties: Indian Gooseberry, Chebulic Myrobalan and Belleric Myrobalan .
Indian gooseberry (emblica officinalis) or Amla, is considered one of the best rejuvenating herbs in Ayurveda. It’s a strong natural antioxidant containing 20 times more vitamin C than orange juice. In India, Amla is known as the “nurse herb” because it strengthens the immune system and cools the body, balancing the Pitta dosha.
Chebulic Myrobalan (terminalia chebula) or Haritaki, has the strongest laxative powers of the three fruits contained in triphala. In Tibet haritaki is so highly revered that in their sacred paintings it’s often depicted in the extended palm of the medicine Buddha. The herb also has astringent properties and balances Vata.
Belleric Myrobalan (terminalia belerica) or Bibhitaki is an excellent rejuvenative with both laxative and astringent properties. It eliminates excess mucous in the body, balancing the Kapha dosha. In addition, Bibhitaki is a powerful treatment for a variety of lung conditions, including bronchitis and asthma.
General Triphala Benefits
Triphala helps in all tridoshic diseases: constipation, diarrhea, cleansing the eyes or detoxing the colon. It is good for Kapha conditions: gas, bloating, diabetes, parasites.
• Feeling pure, light & revitalized
• Removing toxins, accumulations, gas & bloating without irritating the colon
• Reducing Fibromyalgia pain
• Nourishing your nervous system, blood & muscle
• Improving Adrenal function
• Nourishing the bones, nervous system, & reproductive organs
• Strengthening immune system
• Eliminating excess mucous
• Astringent properties
• Reducing noise & stress induced conditions
• Laxative properties
• Potent healing properties
• Fighting Scabies
• Being a great rejuvenator & antioxidant
• Increasing digestion, assimilation & reduce fat
• Helping a variety of lung conditions, including bronchitis & asthma
• Improves digestion
• Reduces serum cholesterol
• Improves circulation (potentiates adrenergic function)
• Contains 31% linoleic acid
• Exerts a marked cardio-protective effect
• Reduces high blood pressure
• Improves liver function
• Has proven anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties
• Expectorant, hypotensive
• Dada Krsnasevananda: Senior Acarya (teacher) of Ananda Marga. A lifetime’s experience teaching yoga and meditation.
• Dada Dhyanananda; Acarya of Ananda Marga. Several years of experience in healing and detoxifying the body through different methods.
• Ananda Gaorii certified yoga teachers.
Ananda Gaorii Ashram, Farm and Learning Center is located on 13 hectares of farmland near Vig, about an hour from Copenhagen. We have a small orchard, vegetable garden, organic bakery, meditation hall and accommodation for sixty people. We have a small number of private rooms but mostly the accommodation is in dormitories for men and women. We usually have 10 to 20 volunteers who are helping with the farm, renovation, cleaning and maintenance and who come to experience our yoga lifestyle.
Normal – 800 Dkk including food, accommodation and program
Students and Unemployed – 650 Dkk
• Mobile Pay: 10373 (IMPORTANT NOTE: please write your name and “yoga detox retreat” when making the payment)
• Bank Transfer: (please specify “yoga detox retreat”)
Bank Name: Jyske Bank
Account Name: Ananda Marga DK Kurser/Courses
Account Number: 5018 1348611
Register Online at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct3aUkmqYdvvHH4VBX1wFG3eICtXPpLzygjhcP_pmVQ6fnDQ/viewform
What to Bring
Sleeping Bag, sheet, pillow if you need one, comfortable loose-fitting clothes for yoga, indoor slippers, pen, notebook, something to read, warm clothes for outdoors, towel, toiletries.
How to Get There
Buy a ticket to “Vig”. Change at Holbæk to bus or train. We will pick you up in Vig. Kindly call us half an hour before you are due to arrive. If you come by car navigate to Holbækvej 56, 4560 Vig.
• URL: www.anandagaorii.dk
• Farm: 22206991
• Dada Krsnasevananda: 71881273
The Yoga Detox Retreat has helped me profoundly. It was not only about fasting and learning to be good to my body, but to understand and be aware of the significance of my physical, mental and spiritual balance. I have gained a great understanding of taking care of the 3 elements that are essential for my functioning in my every-day life with love and consciousness. All these would not have been possible without the guidance of Dada Krsnasevananda and Dada Dhyanananda. My deep gratitude to both of them. And the volunteers for making some delicious and fresh juice for us.
“I had undergone an intense period in the lead up to this retreat. Through a mixture of juice detoxing, hatha yoga, and guided meditation techniques, this weekend away provided me with a fresh start and a new lease of life. This retreat was a bargain-for-money, and I thankfully met so many good people. It has been two weeks since the retreat, and the results to my life have been so positive. Using the mindfulness techniques that I learned during it, I am now practising meditation and yoga every day.”
En herlig week-end med yoga, meditation, chanting, detox. Den har hjulpet på min fysik ved at løsne en masse muskler, fantastisk fornemmelse. På det mentale niveau har jeg fået meget mere håb i form af mere positiv tankegang. Spirituelt er jeg begyndt at komme længere ind i mig selv ved at meditere på den måde vi lærte på kurset. Detox, min mave er top iorden.
The yoga detox retreat is a cleansing and rejuvenating experience for both body, mind and spirit. It was my 2nd time participating, and once again I am amazed what a positive impact just one weekend at the retreat can do. It is a gift for oneself, an opportunity to meet likeminded people and get inspiration to lead a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Anna Bach Johannsen
“I had a great time at the Yoga Detox Retreat at Ananda Gaorii! I was a bit skeptical before going – will I even survive three days on just JUICE?! But since I have great confidence in the organizers and volunteers of the event I decided to give it a try and see what it’s all about. Not only did I survive but I felt great throughout the retreat. We got 3 delicious juices per day as well as some tea and broth and were encouraged to drink lots of water in between. I never even got hungry and I felt very energized throughout all the activities, including the Yoga and other physical activities. The Organizers are an ocean of knowledge on the subject of healthy living and I learned a lot. They practice what they teach and it’s inspiring to hear their stories and take part of their knowledge. Even in the free time the personalities of the organizers attracted 80% of people to gather around them and hear what they have to share and teach.
My brain is full packed of information that I am looking to implement in my every day life in the next weeks and months to come. This 3 day retreat was a great introduction to leading a healthy lifestyle – I’m already looking forward to doing 1 week and 3 week retreats of the same type, to really get to go deeper into this and implement these changes over a longer period of time. Having these juices served up for me as if by magic 3 times per day was great, but now I want to join longer retreats where we have time to learn how to make things ourselves as well.
The group of 20+ people who came to the retreat were amazing! Through activities like outdoor games, chanting, meditation, song circles and more I really connected with many people from the group. The games were fun and we even got some adrenaline pumping, and the chanting and sharing circles built a great connection between us.
In Summary: Inspiring and knowledgable organizers, fun activities, delicious juice and the surprising insight that I can survive and THRIVE on just Juice for several days!
I’d recommend this type of retreat, and indeed visiting Ananda Gaorii for any reason, to anyone who wants to make their Health a Priority! It’s a great place to practice Healthy Living, Yoga, Quitting Bad Habits, Meditation and much more!”