Ecovillage Design Course, May 24 – June 20, 2015
May 24 – June 20, 2015
Ananda Gaorii Retreat Center and Organic Farm, Vig
Ecovillage Design Education (EDE)
Why the Danish EDE?
- Denmark has widespread coverage of ecovillages and during the upcoming EDE at least 5 different ecovillages will form part of the learning space. This offers relevant insights into ecovillage life, organization, learning points and ‘best practice’ development. Guest facilitators from the Danish ecovillage movement form a central part of the faculty, adding their core competencies.
- The EDE incorporates a Permaculture Design Certificate course, provided by Rakesh Bhambri, an experienced Permaculture Trainer and Designer.
- The uniqueness of Ananda Gaorii Ashram hosting the EDE can be fully utilized with daily yoga and meditation practice, supplemented with personal guidance in meditation and spiritual development by Dada Krsnasevananda.
- The EDE design time has the option to focus on developing the Ananda Gaorii Ashram, with valuable and realistic inputs to the group currently designing the place.
- Gain knowledge, skills and attitudes required to successfully design, create, advise or participate in various forms of sustainable community design.
- Engage in the actual design of an existing or planned ecovillage or a similar community project.
- Learn vision, communication, planning and action skills in the process of creating your project designs.
- Build up a wider personal network within the framework of the GAIA and GEN movements.
The course is divided into four sections:
- Social Section: Module 1: Building Community & Embracing Diversity; Module 2: Communication Skills: Conflict, Facilitation, and Decision making; Module 3: Leadership and Empowerment; Module 4: Art, Ritual and Social Transformation; Module 5: Education, Personal Networks and Activism
- Ecological Section: Module 1: Green Building & Retrofitting; Module 2: Local Food; Nutrient Cycles; Module 3: Water, Energy and Infrastructure; Module 4: Restoring Nature, Urban Regeneration and Rebuilding after Disasters; Module 5: Whole Systems Approach to Design
- Economy Section: Module 1: Shifting the Global Economy to Sustainability; Module 2: Making Money our Servant rather than our Master; Module 3: Right Livelihood; Module 4: Social Enterprise; Module 5: Legal and Financial Issues
- Worldview Section: Module 1: Holistic Worldview; Module 2: Listening to and Reconnecting with Nature; Module 3: Awakening & Transformation of Consciousness: Module 4: Personal Health, Planetary Health; Module 5: Socially Engaged Spirituality
Rakesh Bhambri: Permaculture designer and instructor; Camilla Nielsen-Englyst: development worker, educator and Global Ecovillage Network trainer; Erik Lemcke: Process consultant and facilitator, founder of Transition Denmark ; Dada Krsnasevananda: Meditation teacher and program director at Ananda Gaorii spiritual community; Ross Jackson: founding member of the Global Ecovillage movement and author of Occupy World Street; Ditlev Nissen: President of the Danish Ecovillage Association and host of the Association’s Shortcourse EDE on Economy; Matawan Baio: Member of Management Committee of Dyssekilde Ecovillage and host of Danish Ecovillage Association’s Short Course EDE on Worldview; Stefan Per de Freitas: Healer, manager of the Human Being Center in Copenhagen; Morten Hylleberg: Fri and Fro ecovillage resident and co-founder of Lokalværket; Mordur G. Ott.: Permaculture and startup consultant, social entrepreneur; Rikardur Leo: Social Entrepreneur, Startup Consultant; Leo Regan: banks and banking; Nicolas Wormser: online collaborative project structures
Ananda Gaorii is a thirteen hectare organic farm and retreat center. We have a mixture of rooms from small, double bunk rooms to large dormitories. The rooms have beds and the dormitories have mattresses on the floor. There are halls for meditation and classes and a good size kitchen and dining room (with talented vegetarian chefs). There are comfortable shower and toilet facilities and WiFi. The beach is ten minutes away by car and there are pleasant walks available in the surrounding rural countryside. Medical and shopping facilities are five minutes by car (15 minutes by bike) in the small town of Vig. Copenhagen is an hour by car and an hour and twenty minutes by public transport.
Projects on the farm include growing organic rye, fruit and vegetables, starting a forest garden, developing wind and solar power and refitting some of our vehicles to run on electricity and hydrogen. We have an organic and gluten free bakery providing fresh bread daily. We provide a home for 9 Icelandic ponies who in turn provide us with manure for our veggies. We are negotiating for an ecovillage allotment with the local kommune.
What to Bring
Sleeping Bag, Sheets, Towel, Toiletries, hat, jacket, warm clothes, jacket, warm socks, indoor slippers, computer (wifi available), notebook and pen.
Tuition Fee for Individuals*
- €1150 Full cost
- €740 Advance payment (by 31st March)
Tuition Fee per Person for Groups (3 people or more)*
- €1040 Full cost
- €670 Advance payment (by 31st March)
Food and Accommodation**
- €445 For up to 30 days
* Tuition fee includes, travel to and from all site visits
** Food and accommodation fee includes food and accommodation at the site visits
Total cost of the 28 day workshop = Tuition fee + Food and accommodation
To Register please go to this link: http://bit.ly/Xcy66A
How to Pay
1) Make a bank transfer to:
Account Name: Ananda Marga Forening
Account No. 5010-0001465289
Iban No.: DK9450100001465289
Swift/Bic Code: JYBADKKK
Bank: Jyske Bank, Soborg Hovedgade 88, Soborg 2860 Denmark.
Note: Include a message:
2) Alternative payment via paypal
Paypal account: email@example.com
Payable in Pounds or Euro
Please contact Rakesh on the above email address before making a payment.
- Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1Cdnt42:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 0045 71881273
- Tel: 004547314731
- Facebook: Rakesh
- Email: email@example.com