Classes and Activities for January 2014
Ananda Marga Yoga and Meditation
Program of Activities
Meditation Class Level 1: Includes Breath Meditation, Mantra Meditation, Chanting and Mindfulness
- 6 Week Course starting Thursday Jan. 30, 18.00 – 20.00. Guide Dada Krsnasevananda. Will be repeated every six weeks Cost (see * below)
Meditation Class Level 2: Covers subtler aspects of meditation and goes deeper into Yoga philosophy. Suitable for those who have completed Level 1.
- 6 Week Course starting Tuesday Jan. 28, 18.00 – 20.00. Guide Dada Krsnasevananda. Cost (see * below)
Introduction to Ananda Marga Meditation – A once a month introduction class for those who can’t attend weekly courses.
- Last Sunday of the month 14.30 – 16.00. Teacher Dada Krsnasevananda
Yoga Class: Includes Warm-ups, Yoga Poses, Self-Massage and Deep Relaxation
- Beginners Class – Wednesdays 18.00 – 19.30. Teacher – Rasaviharii
- Beginners Class – Saturdays 10.30 – 12.00. Teacher – Rasaviharii
Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training: An opportunity for those engaged in teaching yoga and meditation to share their experience and for aspiring teachers to acquire new skills and information.
- Every second Sunday 10.00 – 13.00
Vegetarian Cooking Class: How to cook delicious food which is good for both mind and body.
- Last Friday of every month – 17.00 – 19.30. Teacher – Didi Ananda Sumantrita
Sunday Group Meditation (Dharma Chakra) – Includes Bhajan (songs), Kiirtan (Chanting), Meditation, Dharma Shastra (Spiritual Talk) and Vegetarian Meal. Participants should attend at least one introduction class/course prior to attending Dharma Chakra.
- Sundays, 16.30 – 19.00.
Extended Chanting (Akhanda Kiirtan) – 3 hours circular Kiirtan (chanting) followed by meditation and spiritual talk. Akhanda Kiirtan is a joyful practice for purifying the mind and opening the heart.
- 1st Sunday of every month starting at 14.00.
Meditation Intensive (Sadhana Shiviir) – Alternating Kiirtan (chanting) and sitting meditation at 30 minute intervals for 3 – 6 hours. Helpful for a jump in spiritual development.
- Every 2 or 3 months upon announcement. (Check website for details)
- You are welcome to join the daily routine of meditation, yoga, study and Karma Yoga at our retreat center in Vig at any time. Just call or email us a few days in advance.
- Special retreats will be announced.
Spiritual Adventure Club – hiking, biking, camping, climbing, canoeing, etc. combined with yoga, meditation and vegetarian food.
- See website for current information.
Spiritual Movie Night – Films chosen for their inspirational and educative value in the field of social and spiritual awareness. (Includes pop-corn J)
- Last Sunday of the month. 19.00 – 21.00.
Rennaissance Artists and Writers Night – Performances and exhibitions by artists whose work is socially or spiritually uplifting.
- Once every 2 or 3 months. (See website for upcoming events)
Vegetarian Dinner Parties – Spiritual Music, Meditation and Food.
- Sometimes as fundraisers for our center or for Ananda Marga service projects in various countries
- Sometimes as a potluck with all our vegetarian friends
- See website for upcoming events
Karma Yoga Volunteering – volunteer gardening and cleaning at our centers in Frederiksberg, Hellerup and Holbaek. Vegetarian lunch provided. Volunteers can visit our farm in Vig at any time for short visits or longer stays.
* Costs: Most of our classes and courses are by donation. The suggested donation is 50 Dkk per class. Retreats and longer courses involve a fee but concessions can be arranged for those with financial difficulties.